Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Irritated

So I met this guy named Will online. He has an attractive photo. We chatted via email for a couple of weeks, and he seemed like a nice guy. Then on his recommendation, we agreed to meet at the Starbuck's on Downer at 3 p.m. today. And, you guessed it, he stood me up. I was there between 3:00 and 3:20 p.m. No Will. Here's the email I sent him, which I think was pretty restrained for me:

"Will, Where were you? I was at Starbuck's on Downer from 3:00 to 3:20. You never showed up. Do you have an explanation, or are you just an asshole? Steve"

I was so upset by being stood up that I came home and did what any good Virgo would do: I scrubbed my hardwood floors. While doing that, I contemplated what is so awful and disgusting about me that Will stood me up. Am I that unattractive physically? Is my personality that terrible? I realize that Will is a flake and it's probably not about me, but I can't help but wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home