Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year


Last Saturday I had almost no desire to deal with decorating my condo for Christmas. Nevertheless, I went down to my storage locker and lugged the decorations upstairs. I assembled my 7' artificial tree only to discover that only about 20 percent of the pre-lit lights were functioning. After trying for about 10 minutes to find a quick fix, I disassembled the tree, dragged it downstairs, and threw it in the dumpster. For the sake of my sanity, I didn't want to get stuck monkeying around with those lights all day. I calculated it, and it only cost me $30 per year for the years I used that tree, so I definitely got my money's worth. I then proceeded to get in my car, drove to Target, and bought a new 4.5' artificial pre-lit tree. It's smaller, but all of my ornaments fit, so I'm rather pleased. My mood improved considerably once I had the new tree and was decorating it while listening to Andy's special Christmas CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home