Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Fergie


The first time I heard "London Bridge" by Fergie, I was interested in a guilty pleasure sort of way. It immediately reminded me of a more hoochie mama version of Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl." While hardly innovative or even intelligent, "London Bridge" has fun bad-girl theme that's hard for this gay boy to resist. Before passing judgment on the song, I consulted Ruben, who is quite often my arbiter of taste and style. On first hearing, Ruben was aghast; he could not believe I was making listen to such trash. But being a good Gemini, it wasn't long before Ruben demanded to hear the song again. Then he said that he needed me to burn it on a CD for him immediately. The next day he blamed me for "London Bridge" being stuck in his head. One final thought: if I were fortunate enough to be dating Josh Duhamel, my London London bridge would most certainly go down every time he came around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home