Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Loss of phone friend

Nate aka Queen Boots, formerly of the O.C., but soon to be of the C-Bus (aka Columbus, Ohio), and I typically talk on the phone about five times each week. Seeing as how we've known each other since 1991 and have been through all sorts of joy and pain over those many years, I've come to rely on our conversations as part of my regular routine. And you know how much Virgos depend upon their routines! Evidently his former employer used to pay his cell phone bill, but now he's on his own. Yesterday after we were on the phone for about 20 minutes, Nate cut me off and said that I "was using too many of his minutes." Now I know how I rate with him: he could talk with me when his employer was footing the bill, but he's not willing to talk when he's the one paying. My recommendation to Nate is that he fork over the bucks to increase the minutes in his phone plan. You shouldn't have to be worrying about the number of minutes you use. Just buy a monthly plan with additional minutes. Until he does that or until his new employer issues him a cell phone, I guess I'm cut off from voice communication with him.

UPDATE: Nate's former employer did not pay his cell phone bill, so I stand corrected on that. Since I would oftentimes call him on his work number, he didn't have to use cell phone minutes when I did that. With no work number for the next couple of weeks, he's worried about his cell phone minutes. He may have to bite the bullet and upgrade his plan, at least for this month. We have too many things to discuss, particularly since I might have a new "kissing partner," which is how Queen Boots refers to potential boyfriends. Ruben advises cutting Nat some slack given his impending move, and that seems like good advice. Perhaps I should send him a check for $10 to cover phone charges.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, is it your time of the month or something? You hardly sound cut off. Cut HRHQBOC some slack -- she is in the midst of several major life transitions!
- JRP

2:54 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

JRP, it must be! LS

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you precious JRP. I have a lot of stuff going on right now and have to watch my budget since I am in between payrolls. Next time you see LS, knock some sense into the predicatable judgemental red-headed ASS of hers. Boots

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home