Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, December 14, 2007

my latest note to Joe Johnson

December 14, 2007


Dear Joe,

I sent the enclosed note to you earlier this fall, and I’m not sure that it ever reached you, so I’m trying a second time. I’m motivated by the life-affirming performance of the Beethoven Symphony No. 9 by you and the MSO that I was fortunate to attend a couple of weeks ago. The concert was wonderful, and any attempt I’d make to describe it in words would be inadequate.


In any event, I enjoyed seeing the fund raising video for the MSO that featured you playing your cello at home. It motivated me to make a small gift toward the $1 million challenge. I wish that I could give more, but I work for a non-profit university.

After hearing you speak before the concert at the end of September, seeing you in the video, and watching you perform at three concerts, I’m interested in getting to know you. It’s clear that you’re intelligent, kind, and talented. My friend Barbie and her mother Suzy, who have also seen you perform, both think that we’d be a good match.


I’m a decent, well-educated person with a great life. As I mentioned in my previous note, I work at [company] with Christina, Mark’s wife. Feel free to ask them about me - they can tell you that I’m a nice guy.

Life is too short to spend alone, so give me a call or send me an email. Take a chance on me, Joe!

Best wishes,
Steve

END OF NOTE

Perhaps my Christmas wish will come true and Joe will ask me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home