Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Project Runway

ANDY WROTE:

Alright, I just watched Project Tim Gunnway...

I like the Nathan Lane cream puff guy. Because how can you not like a guy who's like Nathan Lane but with more cream puffery.

I like Kit Pistol because her name is Kit Pistol.

I like that earthy girl who rubbed her fabric into the grass. She might appear spacey, but she's smart enough to know you'll never get kicked out of the early rounds if you create over-the-top, outrageous designs. The judges and producers will keep you around just to see what you attempt next.

And I like Tim Gunn.

I hate Christian and his new wave do and his weak, lazy voice and his "I'm a pretty big deal" attitude.

I hate that Ricky guy with the lingerie background. There's no crying before a competition has even happened. Three or four competitions into the season, sure, maybe shed a few tears. But crying during the get-to-know-me interview? And then he designs a boring dress? Just go home already.

I hate the heterosexual designer dude. Okay, we get it, you're not gay, which means you probably are. Nice Joey Fatone beard.

The jury's still out on all the rest. Maybe I hate Sweet P because she cried at her own creation while it moved down the runway. I bet Steven's favorite contestant is Steven from Chicago because his name is Steven and he's from nearby. Little does he realize Steven from Chicago is really a head-shaven French Stewart.

Okay, that's all I got.

Klum day to you.


MY RESPONSE TO ANDY:

As much as it pains me to say it, you're absolutely right that Steven from Chicago is my favorite designer. You know me too well. Check out my blog for an entry about Steven that I posted about 15 minutes ago:

http://obscurityknocks-steve.blogspot.com/2007/11/im-in-love-with-steven-rosengard.html

I'm SO in love with Steven Rosengard. I want to marry him. I want to have a big gay wedding with him. He's so cute and handsome and dreamy and classy and quiet and intelligent and his hair is so short and Yves St. Laurent is his favorite designer and he says that he spends lots of money on swimming suits and underwear. What's not to love?

I'm worried that Steven's intelligence and quietness will mean that he doesn't make it to the top three, because you know that the producers want crazy people (aka Jeffrey Sebelia) to be in the top three because the crazy ones bring higher ratings.

A co-worker and I were talking about the show this morning, and we agree about the token heterosexual designer. They must have let him in for affirmative action reasons because they need at least one straight guy. He won't last long.

You're right - the reason that the earthy yoga girl didn't get kicked off last night is because she knows how to play the game with the producers. She brings the crazy, the producers see higher ratings as a result.

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out if Christian was a guy or girl. I'm still not sure, but they claim that he's a guy. But remember that he's only 21, and I shudder at the thought of my 21 year old self appearing on national television.

I figured you'd be all about Kit Pistol. But my question is why you're all about Kit Pistol but you shun Sweet P. I don't care for either one of them.

We need another 'mo to win. And it might as well be Steven Rosengard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home