Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Ruben's birthday continues





Following dinner at Palomino, we walked down the street to At Random. Shockingly, Ruben and Mark had never been there, even though they live in that neighborhood. I, on the other hand, first discovered At Random in 1995 while in college. At Random is a 1960s-1970s-era cocktail lounge in Bay View. They do not serve any beer. They do, however, serve wonderful tropical concoctions - the kind that taste like they contain no alcohol, but in reality, are full of booze. In addition, they specialize in ice cream drinks, which are incredibly tasty. At Random's signature drink is the Tiki Love Bowl For Two. The Tiki Love Bowl comes in a very large fish bowl-type glass with two straws. It is also lit on fire when served to you to enhance the effect. The menu description promises, "If you're not in love, you will be." In honor of their inaugural visit to At Random, Ruben and Mark enjoyed a Tiki Love Bowl. I had two rather large drinks, both with 151 rum. As a result, I evidently got loud, professed my desire that John M was gay instead of straight because he would be an ideal boyfriend, and badgered our waitress about setting me up with her gay friend. I gave her my email with the promise that she was going to set me up with her 'mo friend. Alas, no such set-up ever occurred. Nevertheless, it was a fun evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home