Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

New home for Ruben's blog

Ruben's blog has moved to this location. I like his WordPress format better than LiveJournal. LiveJournal seems like it's for 14 year-old girls.

I'm looking forward to Ruben's birthday celebration on Saturday. As befits the guest of honor, it will be an all-Bay View affair. We're going to dinner at Palomino and then drinks at At Random. Palomino's food is so good, even though it's bad for you. I love their vegan sloppy joe sandwich with tater tots. I can't believe that Ruben has never been to At Random, a 1960s-1970s era cocktail lounge that does not serve beer. I first visited At Random my senior year of college in 1995. At Random's signature drink is the Tiki Love Bowl for Two, a fruity rum-based concoction that is delivered to your table lit on fire. The description of the Tiki in the menu says, "If you're not in love, you will be." Even though the Tiki is designed for two, I may have to order one for myself since I have no boyfriend and the way 2007 is going so far, it's likely I'll never find a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home