Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, July 06, 2007

John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum




The day after Brian's graduation, my parents and I visited the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. I worked with the Kennedy Library a bit when writing my master's thesis entitled, "Nostalgia for Camelot: The Historical Memory of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis." I first visited the library in 2002. It was great to return a second time. I was glad that my parents had the opportunity to visit the museum since they came of age during JFK's presidency. The temporary exhibit this time was entitled, "Jacqueline Kennedy Entertains: The Art of the White House Dinner." Needless to say, I was enraptured with this exhibit which aptly demonstrates Jackie's genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home