Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lesley's bat mitzvah



Unfortunately I did not know Lesley in 1987 when she had her bat mitzvah. Alas, I grew up in New Berlin, Wisconsin, where just about everyone was white and Christian. I didn't really meet Jewish people until I went to graduate school at Lehigh University, where more than a third of the students were Jewish. Fortunately, Lesley has a complete photo album documenting her bat mitzvah, the day that she became a woman. She recently showed me the album, and it was most interesting. In addition to many wonderful photos of Lesley, I also got to see Barbie and Dave H. circa 1987. I wish that I had known Lesley so I could have been at this fabulous party where there was good food, a caricature artist, and dancing to 80s music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home