Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, April 13, 2007

9 years of Qdoba

I received an email from Qdoba informing me that the Q location on the corner of Oakland Avenue and Kenwood Boulevard, the first in Wisconsin, was celebrating its ninth anniversary this month. I remember very well the day in the spring of 1998 when Michelle S (now Michelle SD) called me at work to say that Dennis Getto from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had written a review of this new burrito place, which was then called Z-Teca instead of Qdoba. I think that the name change from Z-Teca to Qdoba occurred in about 2000 or so. In any vent, Getto liked what he ate, so Michelle and I promptly checked it out. Since then I think it's fair to say that I've eaten at Qdoba approximately 50 times per year. So 50 burritos per year times 9 years is 450 trips to the Q. Wow. People who know me realize that I tend to be a creature of habit (see prior post about Subway veggie sub), and that I'm Virgo (read: OCD) enough to stick with a good thing when I find it. [Note to future boyfriends: once you win me over, it's likely that I'll commit for the long haul.] My order at Qdoba is almost always the same: vegetarian burrito, black beans, two scoops of hot salsa, and cheese. And, of course, a Coca-Cola.

The email I received from Qdoba headquarters gave me a buy one, get one free deal at the Oakland Avenue Q this week. So Mandy and I enjoyed this special offer on Wednesday.

Here's to another nine years of vegetarian burritos at Qdoba!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is slightly OCD. Can you tell me how much money you paid in 9 years of Q by using your Subway scale of inflation? Somehow, I am sure you know the answer.

Boots

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home