Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, April 13, 2007

California Dreaming

Wednesday was awful here in Milwaukee because it snowed. Yes, it snowed on April 11. Supposedly we had 7" total, but it was warm enough that there was never that much on the ground; I think that it was melting pretty quickly. Fortunately the weather has improved and today it's close to 50 degrees and sunny. All of the snow is gone. But still, it's a bit rough enduring snow in April, even when you're a Wisconsin native. The weather was making me wish that I had a plane ticket to go and visit Nate in Orange County, California. Particularly so since he's had a rough week on a number of fronts. I wish that we could go out for dinner and drinks tonight so I could help him forget his troubles. When you're down, it's nice to have a good friend around to help you laugh and put things in perspective. Sure, we chatted on the phone, but that's not the same. Particularly during Nate's "hour of need." Girl, you know I wish I could be there. I'll have a few drinks for you tonight with the gang and you hang in there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks honey bunches. I am feeling better these days and now that I have my back in better order, I think I can handle some of the stresses forthcoming. Will open my wine and raise a glass.

N

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home