Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Monday, November 13, 2006

XM Radio

The XM Radio in my car stopped working in late August. I had numerous telephone conversations with the people at XM (who most definitely reside outside of the USA), who repeatedly told me that it was not their issue, it was a Volkswagen issue. At the same time, Volkswagen told me that it was an XM issue, not a Volkswagen issue. After finally tiring of this back-and-forth, I brought the car to the good people at Concours Volkswagen, and they fixed it. While it was a hassle, at least the repair was under warranty. Thank goodness my XM is back, because Milwaukee radio is the absolute worst. With all of the awful music and mind-numbing commercials, it was starting to wear on me. The one exception is 89.7 WUWM, my home for National Public Radio. BTW: my favorite XM channels are 8, 9 (when the song is 1994 or earlier), 26, 44, 45, and 75.

1 Comments:

Blogger rubenoid said...

I used to think Milwaukee radio sucked, but I am really into 102.1 lately, and I will always love my WMSE. WFMR is somewhat disappointing in their "Baroque and light classics only" mentality, but it's good background quietness when I need it.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home