Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

A face without freckles is like a night without stars


My post about being a redhead reminds me that I also used to hate my freckles. Like my red hair, I'm fine with them now. When my mom was a little girl, some of her relatives used to tease her by saying that she must have stood in front of a rusty screen door during a rain storm. She said that she cried when they said that to her. In fourth grade, a fifth grader called me "Howdy Doody" because of my freckles. So it was a special moment when my mom gave me a little plaque that says "A face without freckles is like a night without stars." I certainly agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home