Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Nate


Nate called to chastise me for not mentioning the role he played in my marathon running. So this post aims to rectify that omission. Kim was the one who got me started running back in 1999. However, Nate was indeed the person who convinced me to train for and run my first marathon. I was going through a rough patch in the spring of 2005. By that time, Nate had already run the Columbus Marathon, and he was ready to run his second. So he convinced me to do the training and then meet him in San Francisco where we ran and finished that city's marathon on August 1, 2005. It was a great experience -- one that I'll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home