Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Ocean Blue

I've already mentioned that the Trash Can Sinatras are one of my all-time favorite bands. Another all-time favorite is The Ocean Blue. Here's their story. I discovered The Ocean Blue while in high school working at my first job circa 1990-1992 at The Gap #2902 in Southridge Mall, Greendale, Wisconsin. I was exposed to a lot of excellent music at The Gap in the early 90s. Back then, the store received a new 4-hour tape each month. That's how I learned about The Ocean Blue. Their first two albums are particularly good. 1989's self-titled debut contains two songs I really love, "Beetween Something and Nothing" and "Drifting, Falling." 1991's Cerulean has the beautiful "Ballerina Out of Control." I used to have bumper sticker on my car that said "The Ocean Blue." I remember being very excited when I received a note in the mail from bassist BobbyMittan after I wrote in for fan club information in 1992. Michelle, Kim and I had the plesure of seeing The Ocean Blue in Milwaukee at The Rave in 1993.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home