Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Engagement

I have a big smile on my face today because this morning "The Group" received an email from Barbie letting us know that she and Chad got engaged while vacationing on the Oregon coast. I'm so happy for Barbie.

I met Barbie back in February 2001 at a dinner at the now-closed Dancing Ganesha restaurant. Since then, she has been a tried and true friend, and it's also been nice getting to know Chad over these past couple of years.

At this stage of the game, I've more-or-less given up on the idea of ever getting engaged myself. Since I've let go of that (well, as much as a Virgo can let go of anything), it's easy to be happy for my friends. I am genuinely happy for Barbie and Chad. Life is full of much joy.

It's fun to have a wedding to look forward to. Mazal tov Barbie and Chad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home