Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

George Michael concert



Kelly and I went to the George Michael concert last month at the United Center in Chicago. It was an excellent and very fun show. Kelly and I met back in 1986 in junior high, so in a way this experience brought our friendship full circle.

Set list: Waiting, Fast Love, I'm Your Man, Father Figure, Hard Day, Everything She Wants, One More Try, Different Corner, Easier Affair, Too Funky, Star People. [Intermission. ] Faith, Spinning The Wheel, Feeling Good, Roxanne, Kissing A Fool, Amazing, Flawless, Outside, A Different Corner, Careless Whisper, Freedom 90.

On the way to Chicago, I told Kelly that I really wanted to hear "I'm Your Man," but *knew* that he wouldn't do it. Imagine my surprise when it was the third song! Excellent. Other highlights were "Fast Love," "Father Figure," "Everything She Wants," "One More Try," "Too Funky," "Faith," "Careless Whisper, and "Freedom 90." As you can tell, I like the hits.

Kelly is a huge George Michael fan, so it was fun to share the experience with her. George's voice is in top form, so the concert was well worth the price of admission. I got goose bumps during "Father Figure," felt like I was back on the dance floor at Club Marilyn in 1992 during "Too Funky," and was jumping up and down dancing most of the time.

As Kelly would say, "It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, you just want him." While I'm not sure I'd go that far, I definitely had a great time at the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home