Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Dark Knight


I'm not on board with all of the adulation being given to "The Dark Knight." Bobby and I saw it opening weekend, and I thought that it was an entertaining summer action movie. But I think that the critics went a bit overboard in their effusive praise. Sure, the questions Christopher Nolan raises about heroes and society are thought-provoking, but "The Dark Knight" is no "Citizen Kane" or "Casablanca." Yes, the late Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker is inspired and memorable. But the overall film left me nonplussed. I also thought that it was pretty long. I kept wanting it to be wrapped up during the final 35-40 minutes. 25 years from now, I don't think that this movie will hold up well. A good summer popcorn movie, to be sure. But not a classic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home