Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

WALL-E


As long as I'm writing about movies, I'll mention that Bobby and I saw "WALL-E." It was entertaining and cute, in the tradition of Pixar films, although it wasn't as good as either "Toy Story" or "Finding Nemo." Nevertheless, it was cute and had some interesting social commentary, particularly from a huge corporation like Disney. I was struck by the small amount of dialogue, which reminded me of what my screenwriter friend Lesley told me once: great films don't necessarily have a lot of dialogue. The example I remember Lesley using is the film "Witness," which has an excellent screenplay without constant and unnecessary chatter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home