Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

the parents



Prior to Memorial Day, I had met Bobby's parents once at a brunch. I thought that the initial meeting went reasonably well, but wasn't sure how his mom felt about me. I could tell that she was sizing me up and trying to determine if I was good enough for her son. Fair enough. While we hung out without them a majority of the time, we did share some meals and conversation over Memorial Day weekend. I totally bonded with his mom over the weekend, particularly when we shared a bottle of wine on Saturday night. I can tell that she really likes me, and I think that she's great. His dad is jovial and nice, but uses humor to keep a distance between himself and anyone who isn't a family member or long-time friend. Overall, I think that I'm in good with the parents, espeically his mom.

Next up: meeting his sister in a few weeks. She is reportedly high maintenance, but many would place me in that category, so maybe we'll hit it off. Or not - time will tell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts of the BF for a while. How is it still going? I hope, well.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home