Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

I finished my fourth marathon yesterday, and I ran my personal best time: 3 hours, 32 minutes, 29 seconds. I was able to achieve my personal best time in spite of brutal heat and humidity. It was in the 80s and humid here in Milwaukee at the Lakefront Marathon. I was hoping to get a time under 3 hours and 30 minutes, but the heat and humidity made that impossible. I'm quite pleased to have run my personal best.

I finished 116th out of 1,671 total finishers. I was 18th out of 115 in my division of men aged 30-34 (and I'm 34). I was 103rd of 1,021 men who finished.

Marathons I've run:

1. San Francisco Marathon, 2005. 4 hours, 14 minutes.
2. Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon, 2005. 3 hours, 37 minutes.
3. Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon, 2006. 3 hours, 33 minutes.
4. Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon, 2007. 3 hours, 32 minutes.

I'm sore today, but happy about how I did.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, HONEY!!! That is so awesome! You worked really hard and you did it!

Lesley

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SF time was faster than 4:14... I held you back but I am certain you were more than 4 minutes ahead of me in that race... I finished at 4:18:54 in SF ...I am sure you moved faster than that...

Again, congtrats on a fantastic time!! You're awesome.

boots

11:22 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Boots (aka Nate) says that his time in San Francisco was 4:18, but it wasn't. Nate's time in San Francisco was 4 hours, 53 minutes. My time in SF was as I reported: 4 hours, 14 minutes. Sorry Nate, but you know I'm (almost) always right! Steve

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home