Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Marathon


Too bad USA Today did not publish this in their recent call for marathon story ideas.


Hello USA Today:

My name is Steve [Last Name]. I’m currently 33 and ran two marathons in 2005.
I went through a difficult period last winter as the result of a bad breakup and fears that I’ll never meet the "right" partner. As a way to help me feel better, my brother Dave (age 31) proposed last winter that we run the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon together on October 1, 2006. If I promised to have a more positive attitude, he promised to quit smoking and train for his first marathon. Dave quite smoking and we started our training in May, doing our long runs together on Saturday mornings. We ran the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on October 1, and did all 26.2 miles together. We finished in 3 hours, 33 minutes, a personal best for me, and a very good time for Dave’s first marathon. The whole process brought us closer together as brothers and as best friends. It was a remarkable experience for both of us. While I have yet to meet my life partner, I’m more optimistic and happy as a result of Dave’s and my marathon experience. I’d be happy to send photos of us running if that would be helpful. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information. Thanks!
Steve [Last Name]
Milwaukee, Wisconsin


Dave wrote:

Very cool. I sure hope we make it in the article. Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home