Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

July 4 weekend





I spent most of the July 4 weekend in Beverly Shores, Indiana with Bobby's family. His sister Sarah was visiting from California, and that was my first time meeting her.
1. Bobby organizing a trivia contest in honor of Sarah's birthday
2. Bobby playing the piano
3. Paul, Bobby (holding Bella), Sarah (holding Pickles), and Sharon
4. Bobby and me standing in Lake Michigan
I should tell a little story about #4. We were wading in Lake Michigan near his parents’ cottage. I was just walking along, and he came up to me and started kissing me passionately for quite a while. And there were people all around, but I didn’t care one bit. I was so unbelievably happy. It was like a movie, and it was one of those times when you think, “Can this really be happening to me?” It’s a memory that I’ll treasure forever. It’s one of those things that really sustains you. And that is just one example of his kindness and care for me. Bobby sent me flowers at work. They were so beautiful, and the card said “you are so beautiful inside and out. Thank you for understanding that I am not perfect.” Another moment to treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home