Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

12745 Weatherstone Blvd


Here I am in front of the house that I will always consider home, 12745 Weatherstone Boulevard, New Berlin, Wisconsin. We moved here in 1987. My parents lived here until 1995, when my dad's job took them back to Manitowoc.


A couple of times each year, I have a dream where I'm living in this house and am back in my old room. It's one of the happiest dreams I have, one that's disappointing to wake up from. I suppose that's because I have so many fond memories of high school (and subsequently college) days living in this house.

It's been kept in pretty good shape for a home built in 1985. In peeking in some of the windows, I noticed that they installed hardwood floors in the family room. We had light blue carpet back in the 80s, so this was a good improvement.

In my mind, it's very easy to imagine parking my car at the bottom of the driveway after a night out with Brad, Bonnie, and Kim and turning my brass Schlage key in the lock in the front door, climbing the stairs, and walking into my room. I try not to live in the past, but I will confess that I'd like to go back and spend some time again living in this house. When people talk about "going home," my first thought is of 12745 Weatherstone Boulevard as home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home