Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Election update

Yikes, April has been busy so far. I just returned from Boston where I attended a professional conference. I need to start blogging again.

I had written previously about the aldermanic race in my district of Milwaukee. Nik Kovac ended up winning by only 71 votes over Patrick Flaherty. While I had written that Patrick Flaherty seemed awfully smug, I ended up voting for him because I wanted to support the gay candidate. In terms of issues, Flaherty and Kovac seemed more-or-less the same. And in spite of his smugness, I thought it would be good to show my support for the 'mo candidate. I kinda feel bad that Patrick didn't win, but I'm resigned to the fact that regardless of the winner, my already huge property tax bill will continue to increase at far more than the rate of inflation. Ah, the joys of living in the City of Milwaukee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home