Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Friday, March 14, 2008

David Hernandez



Is it wrong that I sort of have a crush on American Idol reject David Hernandez? And it is wrong that the fact that he used to be a stripper who got totally nude at a gay bar makes him even more appealing to me?

His performance of "I Saw Her Standing There" this week was bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as terrible as Kristy Lee Cook's terrible country rendition of "Eight Days a Week."

True, David Hernandez had no chance of winning, and I didn't want him to win. But he was better this week than both Kristy Lee Cook and audience favorite David Archuleta, who couldn't remember the words to "We Can Work It Out." True, David is congenial and he smiles a lot, but he butchered "We Can Work It Out" this week. Chikezie, on the other hand, did a tremendous job with "She's a Woman."

David's overly-waxed eyebrows make him look way too feminine. But he can still be my private dancer anytime. And I loved how you could see hair stubble on his chest on my HD television on Wednesday's elimination show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home