Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dolly Parton has a new web site


Dolly Parton has a new web site. Here it is. I love how her new album is going to be called "Backwoods Barbie." The title is particularly amusing to me since I have a good friend named Barbie. In any event, I was fortunate enough to see Dolly live in concert in October 2005 here in Milwaukee. She performed many of her hits, including "9 to 5," "Jolene," "Here You Come Again," and "Two Doors Down." I can remember my mom buying the latest Dolly record album when I was a little boy and dancing in our 70s basement to "Two Doors Down," which was playing on the family's dark wood console record player/hi-fi.
My favorite Dolly song is the autobiograhpical "Coat of Many Colors." In the tradition of Loretta Lynn, Dolly is an amazing and prolific songwriter (she's written 600 songs). Of women in music, Loretta and Dolly are two of America's best-ever songwriters. In addition, Dolly is an accomplished musician who can play the guitar, dulcimer, banjo, and numerous other instruments.
As Ruben and I like to say, "she's not just a singer, she's a storyteller." Dolly is a true living legend, and a wonderful person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home