Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Obscurity Knocks

You might wonder where the title of my blog comes from. It's the name of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, the Trash Can Sinatras. "Obscurity Knocks" is from TCS's debut album, Cake. I first heard the Trash Cans at Club Marilyn, a now-closed dance club in downtown Milwaukee, in early 1991 with my friends Brad and Dave. Cake is one of the albums I would most certainly put on my top 10 list. It was a real thrill to see the Trash Cans when they played in Milwaukee in May 2005 in support of their more mature and mellow album, Weightlifting. Weightlifting is also an excellenct album, but nothing beats Cake. I have fond memories of listening to "Obscurity Knocks" and another great song from Cake, "Only Tongue Can Tell" with Paul, Kim, and Michelle in the early 90s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home