Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Netflix streaming update

I wrote about the difficulties I've been having with Netflix streaming in this post. Since that time I've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. Netflix and Time Warner both agree that the problem is with my RoadRunner Internet service. Both Netflix and Time Warner acknowledge that the Mbps of my RoadRunner looks like a roller coaster. Sometimes it's high (in excess of 23 Mbps), and at other times it's low (1.5 Mbps). There are no difficulties with my TV, Blu-Ray player, wireless router, or with Netflix; the problem is with Time Warner's RoadRunner. TimeWarner re-set my Internet service, but that didn't do anything. Now they want me to bring in my modem, which is circa 2004, and get a newer version. Hopefully that will do the trick, but I'm not optimistic. We'll see what happens with the new modem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home