Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Warden

My friend Anne suggested that I read "The Warden" by Anthony Trollope. "The Warden" is the first volume in a series of novels about Barchester, a fictional cathedral town in England. I had never read anything by Trollope before, and I learned that he does an outstanding job of creating vivid and rich characters. In particular, the Bishop, Archdeacon Grantly, and Mr. Harding (The Warden) are very well-created characters. The plot was interesting, although not as relevant today as it was in Victorian times. An entertaining read and better than some of the drivel I've read in the past year (i.e., Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol."). Grade: 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home