Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wah-wah

Three weeks ago, I made nine CDs and sent them to Paul, my college roommate who has lived in Alaska since we graduated from college in 1995. Today Paul emailed me that he had them in a rental car on a recent trip and they were stolen. Wah-wah. So now my iMac will get all irritated that I have to re-burn those nine discs.

Paul and I met the first day of college when he sat in front of me in Spanish 001. He was wearing a Morrissey t-shirt with the photograph from the cover of the "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" single. I knew right away that we'd hit it off given his great taste in music. So much of the music from those days brings me back to fun times with Paul.

The list of bands we both love is a long one, but ones that come to the top of my head include Morrissey, The Smiths, Electronic, New Order, The Ocean Blue, The Trash Can Sinatras, The Judybats, Pet Shop Boys, 10,000 Maniacs, The Church, Riverside, Material Issue, and School of Fish. Well, the list could go on and on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you tell fab, kaiser, et all that HRHQB's blog is back... thanks.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home