Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Barbie's wedding weekend is officially underway!

I'm in a super good mood because Barbie's Wedding Weekend is officially underway. It began for me last night when I had dinner with Lesley at Comet, then Lesley and I watched the "American Idol" finale. It's always a blast to be with Lesley, and last night was no exception. We hashed over all the wedding preparations over dinner, then lost ourselves in Idol. We particularly enjoyed seeing Cyndi Lauper and Lionel Richie perform. The show was entertaining, although Lesley was disappointed that Adam Lambert didn't win. I felt the same way, although I wasn't as emotional about it as Lesley was.

Nate arrives from Columbus this evening. He hasn't been to Milwaukee since Ruben and Mark's wedding in September 2007, so he's overdue for a visit.

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off to spend with Nate, then I'm hosting a Barbie's Wedding Eve/Ruben's birthday/Nate visits Milwaukee party in the evening at my condo. Should be a good day.

Then the actual wedding and reception are on Saturday. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Although I haven't bought Barbie's wedding gift yet. Yikes - that is so un-Virgo of me. I'll either do it today or tomorrow.

Should be a fun weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Barbie said...

So now that it's the following Thursday, does that mean that wedding week is officially over, 'cause I need a nap!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home