Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Big Boy






When I was growing up in Manitowoc, Wisconsin (we moved to the Milwaukee area in 1987), we made regular visits to Big Boy for lunch. The Big Boy in Manitowoc was located downtown and was always busy. The Marucs Corporation, which operated the Big Boy restaurants in Wisconsin, closed all of them in the late 80s. Why they did this I don't know, but I've believed that the Marcus Corporation is evil ever since they made that terrible decision to deprive Wisconsinites from eating at Big Boy. The original Big Boy hamburger accompanied by a chocolate shake is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods.


When I visited Lesley, I asked her if it would be all right if we ate at a Big Boy, since they still have them in Southern California. She was happy to oblige. I was giddy as we drove into the Big Boy parking lot in Lesley's Saab. It had been well over 15 years since I last tasted a Big Boy hamburger, and it was well worth the wait. Two small patties, lettuce, special sauce, Big Boy seasoning salt. All served up by a kind waitress. Delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home