Obscurity Knocks

Earnest, empathetic, industrious, unpretentious, gay Virgo in Milwaukee with a great life, amazing friends, and a wonderful family.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Keedy

Growing up in suburban Milwaukee in the late 80s, the local band at that time was named Gerard. The name came from Greg Gerard, who was the leader and founding member. If you heard of someone going to a wedding where Gerard was the band at the reception, that was quite an event. Or if your high school could afford to book Gerard at your prom, you were at the fore of cool in Southeastern Wisconsin.

Keedy was the lead singer of Gerard, and she may have been the girlfriend and/or wife of Greg Gerard. Keedy went solo and released her debut (and only) album in 1991 entitled "Chase the Clouds." "Save Some Love" from Keedy's album reached number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1991. As a regular listener to the "Hot 102" radio station during those years, I heard "Save Some Love" countless times. It's a great pop song that I was glad to rediscover recently after all these years.

Keedy, where are you now?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can I tell everyone that I'm Keedy?

Lesley

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, its funny that Lesley wrote the comment above, because I was going to say that Keedy looks like Lesley and as a matter of fact, this song would be a song Lesley could sing. Lyrics included.

Boots

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be able to find out for you. I am fairly certain that my recruiter friend Ann sang backup for Gerard and then Keedy. If I remember to ask her sometime, I will. -Michelle

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home